26-year-old fat, liberal Southern lady with a weakness for scruffy scoundrels and ladies who kick ass.
Saw Frozen, the sister narrative set in Scandinavia.
I have made a tactical error.
The Blue Pond in Hokkaido Changes Colors Depending on the Weather
“The Most Beautiful Pond In The World!”
According to the photographer Ken Shiraishi, who made a pilgrimage up to Northern Japan last month to take these shots, the water contains a high degree of aluminum hydroxide, which reflects blue light – a phenomenon responsible for our lovely blue skies. Shiraishi spent several days up there photographing the pond in various light.
things to remember about animorphs:
- two of the main cast are poc. the alien in his human form is a poc as well.
- the traditionally feminine, concerned-with-looks character, who spends her free time shopping and who has perfect blonde hair and who follows fashion trends, is also the team’s main combat powerhouse and is generally ferocious and terrifying in combat and a Soldier more than anyone else in the team. these things do not negate each other
- the other female character is the kind and gentle one but also strong as fuck and the most talented at the animorph’s Main Skill
- there are love plots, but they are understated and affect the characters without defining them. they are also, in one case, fucking tragic
- realistic portrayals of ptsd and general trauma
- varied family compositions and firm calling out of families that emotionally abuse children
- characters are not portrayed as single handedly able to save mankind, they are just trying to hold out so that the cavalry can arrive
- it is all available free, online, right fucking now
LITERALLY EVERYBODY NEEDS TO READ ANIMORPHS.
Mockingjay, chapter 11 (via everlarkquotes)
Katey Chrest (via thinly)